The Lieutenant Governor is a patron or honourary member of many Alberta non-profit and community organizations. Patronage may be granted for a one-time event that the Lieutenant Governor attends, or on an on-going basis.
Patronage organizations are usually asked to meet the following requirements:
- The organization must have been in existence for a minimum of five years.
- A Board of Directors must be responsible for the organization.
- The organization must be financially sound.
Organizations wishing to be considered for an award of vice-regal patronage are asked to submit the following information to the Office of the Lieutenant Governor:
- A brief history of the organization
- A summary of objectives, achievements and future goals
- A summary financial statement
- A list of all other patrons and members of the executive/board of directors
Please note: The Lieutenant Governor does not participate in any private fundraising.
The contact information for the Office of the Lieutenant Governor is:
Office of the Lieutenant Governor of Alberta
3rd Floor, Legislature Building
10800 - 97 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2B6